TITLE: Hardware Engineer
LOCATION: Herndon, VA
Qualified candidates must have a current and active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to be considered for this position.
LIFE AT QVINE:
QVine employs only the best technology professionals, creating an exciting and innovative workplace. By nurturing both professional and personal growth, QVine has quickly become one of the most desirable places to work in the Washington, DC area. If you’re seeking employment in the high-tech field, and you want a company that offers the support, resources, and respect you deserve, consider QVine.
The Hardware Engineer provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training, and quality assurance/control to technicians while analyzing network and computer communications hardware characteristics and recommends equipment procurement, removals, and modifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Analyzes existing requirements and prepare specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Reviews computer systems in terms of machine capabilities and human-machine interface.
- Prepares reports and studies concerning hardware.
- Prepares functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Ensures that the new/updated service is adequately tested.
- Produces Test Plans by preparing engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
- Develops and prepares site and hardware installation schedules, supplying subsequent test reports.
- Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site.
- Adds, deletes, and modifies; as required, host, terminal, and network devices including specialized interconnecting cables as needed.
- Assists and coordinates with communications network specialists in the area of communications software.
- Configures computers, communications devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware.
QVine Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V